In the Community
At Taylor Coulter we are committed to supporting the local community through sports sponsorship, charity event participation and donations.
Taylor Coulter supports a number of local businesses and participates in regular charity events.
NATIONAL ICT CAREERS WEEK
Taylor Coulter is a proud supporter of the National ICT Careers Week, 'Start Here, Go Anywhere', designed to encorage young people to consider a career in ICT.
SUPPORTING LOCAL CHARITIES
Taylor Coulter has assisted a number of charitable and not for profit organisations through donations and other means of support, including:
Make A Wish Foundation of Australia
Make-A-Wish Australia has been granting wishes to children and young people since 1985. Wishes bring magic, joy and hope to these children and their families, as well as unforgettable experiences. They are the only children's charity in Australia that focuses solely on Wish granting.
The RSPCA is a community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting animal welfare. The RSPCA aims to educate the community with regard to the humane treatment of animals, and operates numerous facilities, Australia wide, for the care and protection of animals.
We are also one of the current sponsors of the Yamaha Racing Team Supersport division. Yamaha's plan for the Supersport team is to bring on young riders, and give them an opportunity within a specialised environment to develop their skills under experienced management. Riders are evaluated each year at the Australian Institute of Sport, and fitness programmes mapped out for them. The Yamaha racing rider programme provides a career patch through Supersport to Superbike within Australia, then on to managed opportunities in various overseas and international racing series.
Taylor Coulter is proud to support this initiative.
For more information on the Yamaha Racing Team and to check out their latest race results please visit: http://www.yrt.com.au/.
YRT quick facts
- 3 Pairs of leathers are used by each rider during a year, as well as numerous helmets, gloves and boots.
- 60,000 kms is the average distance travelled per year by each of the team transporters.
- 2 Race bikes are used by each rider every year, with additional practice and test motorcycles used for each rider.
- 300 Tyres are used by the team every year, with an average of 25 tyres used per race and test session.
- 30 Staff at every event means that a mountain of drinks and food is required to fuel the team through the long days (and nights) at race and test days. 250 Litres of Shell V Power racing fuel is used at every race and test day.